Membership in the Colorado Professional Beekeeping Association is to support and facilitate the activities of not only commercial beekeeping, but of those groups and individuals having livelihood-related interests with beekeepers. CPBA members may be associated with farming, honey sales, agricultural and scientific education, or simply wish to promote a sustainable beekeeping industry and practices. CPBA does not require a specific number of hives to qualify for membership, however it is usually the case that a reasonable amount of economic investment, with the expectation of a reasonable amount of economic return are what distinguish professional from recreational beekeeping.
Currently there are no dues required to become a CPBA member, but we do ask that members make a charitable contribution according to financial ability and to help defray expenses. The CPBA is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization therefore all contributions are tax deductible. Further descriptions of CPBA membership are listed below.
Benefits of CPBA Membership
- Associate and network with beekeepers and those who support a livelihood-directed and scientifically informed approach to beekeeping.
- Cultivate an awareness of and appreciation for historical Colorado beekeeping practices, but accept the need to adapt to current beekeeping situations, as necessary, in order to be successful and sustainable. Becoming better beekeepers!
- Exchange information and advice with experienced beekeepers, as well as related professionals (educators, agriculturists and regulators) to develop sustainable beekeeping practices in Colorado (and beyond).
- To realize and promote a positive image and attitude for beekeepers in Colorado that is not dominated by adversarial or pessimistic thinking in order to encourage cooperative and constructive beekeeping practices.
- Advertise items wanted or for sale on the CPBA website to a state-wide and larger audience of both livelihood-based and recreational beekeepers as well.
Membership Request Form
"*" indicates required fields